YouTube Mathematics Video Lectures
They include: Timothy Gowers's lecture on importance of mathematics. Category theory lectures. Chris Tisdell's Calculus Videos. Patrick JMT's Mathematics Video Lectures. UC Berkeley Statistics. An Amazing Normal Distribution Function Video. Interview with Victor Miller, the inventor of Elliptic Curve Cryptography. Knot Theory. Martin Gardner: The Nature of Things. Moebius Transformations Revealed.
And check out these three websites on famous scientists that my friend Thomas from Belgium created:
Timothy Gowers: The Importance of Mathematics
- Video by Timothy Gowers, Part I
- Video by Timothy Gowers, Part II
- Video by Timothy Gowers, Part III
- Video by Timothy Gowers, Part IV
- Video by Timothy Gowers, Part V
- Video by Timothy Gowers, Part VI
- Video by Timothy Gowers, Part VII
- Video by Timothy Gowers, Part VIII
The Importance of Mathematics by Timothy Gowers at The Millennium Meeting (2000).
The Catsters' YouTube Channel
- String Diagrams
- Natural Transformations
- Open-closed Cobordisms
- Distributive Laws
- Double Categories
- Klein Bottle
- Monoid Objects
- Terminal and Initial Objects
- Products and Coproducts
- Adjunctions from Morphisms
- Representables and Yoneda
All kinds of category theory videos. Visit TheCatsters YouTube channel for more.
Dr. Chris Tisdell's Calculus Videos
- Limit of a sequence
- Double integrals
- Chain rule
- Lagrange multipliers
- Line integrals
- Homogeneous first order ordinary differential equation
- Limit of a function
- Complex numbers
- Path integrals
- Multivariable calculus
- Curl of a vector field
- Laplace transform
- Fourier series
Chris Tisdell's YouTube channel has all kinds of calculus videos.
Patrick JMT's Mathematics Video Lectures
- Properties of Logarithms
- The Quotient Rule
- Basic Integration Problems
- Solving Trigonometric Equations
- Taylor / Maclaurin Series for Sin(x)
- Solving Exponential Equations
- Recursive Sequences
- Sets: Union and Intersection
- The Simplex Method
- Systems of Linear Equations
- Graphing Equations by Plotting Points
- Solving Quadratic Inequalities
- Completing the Square
- Expected Value
Math. Math. Math. Math. Thousands more math videos on Patrick's YouTube channel.
UC Berkeley Statistics 21
Introductory Probability and Statistics for Business
An Amazing Normal Distribution Function Video
Interview with Victor Miller, inventor of Elliptic Curve Cryptography
He invented Elliptic Curve Crypography.
Martin Gardner: The Nature of Things
- Nature of Things Video, Part I
- Nature of Things Video, Part II
- Nature of Things Video, Part III
- Nature of Things Video, Part IV
- Nature of Things Video, Part V
The Nature of Things features an entire piece on Gardner, from his math buddies to the sleight-of-hand circles he frequented. Martin Gardner (born October 21, 1914 in Tulsa, Oklahoma) is in American Mathematics and a Science Writer, but with interests encompassing micromagic, stage magic, pseudoscience, literature (especially the writings of Lewis Carroll), philosophy, scientific skepticism and religion. He wrote the Mathematical Games column in Scientific American from 1956 to 1981 and he has published over 70 books.
Not Knot is a guided tour into computer-animated hyperbolic space. It proceeds from the world of knots to their complementary spaces -- what's not a knot. Profound theorems of recent mathematics show that most known complements carry the structure of hyperbolic geometry, a geometry in which the sum of three angles of a triangle always is less than 180 degrees.
Moebius Transformations Revealed
A short film depicting the beauty of Moebius Transformations in mathematics. The movie shows how moving to a higher dimension can make the transformations easier to understand.
Have fun with these videos!
- Free Mathematics Video Courses
(Includes discrete mathematics, algebra, linear algebra, mathematics problems, differential equations, math methods for engineers)
- More Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science Video Lectures(Includes algebra, elementary statistics, applied probability, finite mathematics, trigonometry with calculus, mathematical computation, pre-calculus, analytic geometry, first year calculus, business calculus, mathematical writing (by Knuth), computer science problem seminar (by Knuth), dynamic systems and chaos, computer musings (by Knuth) and other Donald E. Knuth lectures)
- Mathematics Video Lectures(Includes course practice of mathematics and lots of mathematics seminar videos in applied maths, geometry/topology, liquid flow and string theory)
- Even More Mathematics Video Lectures
(Includes Steven Skiena's discrete mathematics, convex optimization, fourier transform, linear dynamical systems, keio university math video archive, monty hall problem and imo problems)
- Latest Mathematics Video Lectures
(Includes: calculus, vector calculus, tensors, the most important concepts of mathematics, basic mathematics, numerical methods, p=np problem, randomness, fractals and splines, lectures from advanced institute for study and a video on indian super 30 mathematics school)