2008 Nobel Prize Winner Videos
They include Physics Nobel Prize, Chemistry Nobel Prize, Medicine Nobel Prize, Psychology Nobel Prize, Literature Nobel Prize, Peace Nobel Prize and Economics Nobel Prize.
The Nobel Prize in Physics 2008
- Yoichiro Nambu - for the discovery of the mechanism of spontaneous broken symmetry in subatomic physics: Spontaneous Symmetry Breaking in Particle Physics: a Case of Cross Fertilization.
- Makoto Kobayashi - for the discovery of the origin of the broken symmetry which predicts the existence of at least three families of quarks in nature: CP Violation and Flavour Mixing.
- Toshihide Maskawa - for the discovery of the origin of the broken symmetry which predicts the existence of at least three families of quarks in nature: What Does CP Violation Tell Us?
Please also see this BBC Documentary on Winners of Nobel Prize in Physics 2008.
Also Nobel Committee announcement of Nobel Prize in Physics 2008 Winners.
The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2008
- Osamu Shimomura - for the discovery and development of the green fluorescent protein, GFP: Discovery of Green Fluorescent Protein, GFP.
- Martin Chalfie - for the discovery and development of the green fluorescent protein, GFP: GFP: Lighting Up Life.
- Roger Y. Tsien - for the discovery and development of the green fluorescent protein, GFP: Constructing and Exploiting the Fluorescent Protein Paintbox.
Nobel Committee announcement of Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2008 Winners.
The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2008
- Harald zur Hausen - for his discovery of human papilloma viruses causing cervical cancer: The Search for Infectious Causes of Human Cancers: Where and Why.
- Françoise Barré-Sinoussi - for their discovery of human immunodeficiency virus: HIV: a Discovery Opening the Road to Novel Scientific Achievements and Global Health Improvement.
- Luc Montagnier - for their discovery of human immunodeficiency virus: 25 Years after HIV Discovery: Prospects for Cure and Vaccine.
Nobel Committee announcement of Nobel Prize Winners in Medicine.
The Nobel Prize in Literature 2008
- Jean-Marie Gustave Le Clézio - author of new departures, poetic adventure and sensual ecstasy, explorer of a humanity beyond and below the reigning civilization: Dans la forêt des paradoxes.
Nobel Committee announces winner of Literature Nobel Prize.
The Nobel Peace Prize 2008
- Martti Ahtisaari - for his important efforts, on several continents and over more than three decades, to resolve international conflicts: The Nobel Lecture.
Nobel Committee announces winner of Nobel Peace Prize 2008.
The Nobel Economics Prize 2008
- Paul Krugman - for his analysis of trade patterns and location of economic activity: The Increasing Returns Revolution in Trade and Geography.
Nobel Committee announces the winner of Economics Nobel Prize 2008.
- Nobel Prize Winner Video Lectures 1999-2007
(Includes physics, chemistry, medicine, literature, economics, peace Nobel Prize winner video lectures)
- Richard Feynman Video Lectures
(Many various Richard P. Feynman physics video lectures. They include Feynman's lectures on QED at University of Auckland. An interview with Faynman called "The Pleasure of Finding Things Out". Another interview with Feynmann titled "The Last Journey Of A Genius". A mind skewing Feynmen talk "Take The World From Another Point Of View", and a few others - "Remembering Richard Feynman", "Murry Gell-Mann Talks About Feynman", Feynman Playing Bongos and Singing About Orange Juice)
- Free Physics Video and Audio Courses
(Includes descriptive physics, classical mechanics, introductory physics, electricity and magnetism, vibrations and waves, symmetry and tensors)
- More Physics Video Courses
(Includes physics for non-science majors, mechanical universe lecture series, elementary college physics, and astrophysics)
- Modern Physics
(Includes Quantum Physics, Quantum Mechanics, Quantum Field Theory, Applied Group Theory, General Relativity, Cosmology, Astrophysics, Computational Physics, Thermodynamics and a lecture on Basic Physics)
- Even More Physics Videos and Video Lectures(Lots of Richard P. Feynman lectures, compexity and chaos, universe in a nutshell, black holes, life in space, states of matter, chemistry of interstellar space, electricity and magnetism, nanophysics and many others)
- Free Physics Video Lectures
(Includes quantum mechanics, quantum physics, classical physics, classical mechanics, chaos, fractals and dynamical systems, linear dynamical systems, heat and mass transfer and general relativity.)
- String Theory, Quantum Computation and Others
(Includes 3 hour video series of The Elegant Universe - the theory about unifying all four fundamental forces and the string theory, various lectures from princeton university on black holes and others, historical perspectives of Hans Bethe and quantum computation by David Deutsch)
- CERN, Astronomy and Dark Matter + Workshops
(Includes CERN summer school videos (particle physics and LHC). Lectures on String Theory, Black Holes, Fundamental Laws of Nature, Dark Matter, Moon, and search for new Suns. Videos from Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics. Physics Talks from Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics. Lecture on Fluid dynamics. Astronomy and Astrophysics Workshop. Videos from Institute of Advanced Study. And some bonus lectures on geometry of manifolds, on evolutionary dynamics, and solving cubic equations)
- Various Physics Lectures
(Includes Escher and Droste effect, Sir Roger Penrose and new physics, Feynman, Nikola Tesla, gyroscopes, black holes, dark matter, dark energy, modern cosmology, origins of universe, theoretical physics, particle hydrodynamics, numeric relativity, plasma, astrophysics, superstring theory, LHC, gravity, OLED technology, lasers)