Free Science and Video Lectures Online!
Free education online is possible.

Great news! New Science Site launched: Free Science Videos and Lectures

Another great news! My Programming Site launched: Good coders code, great reuse

More great news! I started my own company: Browserling - Cross-browser testing.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Video Lectures

Welcome to my free science resource blog.

It is great that some of the top universities have published video recordings of their lectures online. Quoting professor Walter Lewin from MIT "knowledge only adds, it never subtracts".
This is true and I can't agree more. The video lectures ease perception of material enormously.

I have watched at least five video courses during last year in physics, mathematics and computer science. So I will be focusing mostly on lectures in these subjects.

A little about me.
I am physics student and I am very interested in physics so I have spent quite a while searching for all available video lectures in physics.

It is essential that a physicist knows mathematics perfectly so I have also collected links to lectures on mathematics.

One of the reasons I chose to study physics is because I was proficient at computer science and studying it would be a waste of time since I knew 80% of what is taught at university.
I have also a good collection of video lectures in computer science.

I am not interested much in other sciences so mathematics, physics and computer science is what I will be focusing on.

I will gradually publish all my findings here. I have lots of links to go through.

9 Comments:

  • http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/index.htm

    MIT has posted a lot of science stuff here. There are only a few videos buy many course syllabi are made available.

    By Blogger Johnny B., at Tue Jun 27, 06:31:00 PM 2006  

  • Thanks for putting this "clearing house" of lectures up. I'm interested in the same subjects you are, so it's handy to have an index here all in one place. Keep adding stuff!

    By Blogger Brint Montgomery, at Tue Jun 27, 11:01:00 PM 2006  

  • great site. I have found it necessary to brush up on my math with much of the humanities work I do, and your site it helpful.

    By Blogger Troy Camplin, at Fri Jun 30, 07:18:00 PM 2006  

  • Hej, nice blog. Here are some videos related to mechanics or fluid mechanics. Looking forward to find some more on your blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Jul 12, 06:40:00 AM 2006  

  • Hej, nice blog. Here are some videos related to mechanics or fluid mechanics. Looking forward to find some more on your blog.

    http://www2.mech.kth.se/~ramis/links.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Jul 12, 06:40:00 AM 2006  

  • Sweet. The previous guy had some useful stuff there, as well. Though I would prefer direct downloads and a lot less streaming/Windows Media/Replayer. It's ridiculous to stream off-course video lectures with 26.4K or less, which is what I have. The Mat 614 Chaos/Dynamical Systems videos at the U of Texas site don't play right for me, unfortunately. I could see the first three lectures, and that was it. Anyone find an astronomy video course one yet?

    By Blogger Andrej, at Fri Jul 14, 12:41:00 AM 2006  

  • Hi all. Thanks for comments and links.

    I have not found astronomy lectures :(
    If I do I will surely post a link.

    By Blogger Peter Krumins, at Mon Aug 21, 07:55:00 AM 2006  

  • Great links, very useful. Here is an astronomy course at Berkeley:

    http://webcast.berkeley.edu/courses/archive.php?seriesid=1906978378

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Oct 03, 11:51:00 PM 2006  

  • Hello sir,
    I m sunil patil now working as vlsi engineer in india. sir i want vlsi fabrication video . So i request any one find any material regarding that please reply me. here is my email-id

    sunilp@karmic.co.in
    Thanka and regards
    Sunil patil

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Jan 08, 08:17:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home